Easily manage all your real money accounts, all in one place
Create Accounts for each of your brokerage accounts to seamlessly send orders, follow multiple strategies within each account, track performance and risk, and access fundamental data about your holdings. Note: you can also set up paper accounts to track different ideas or to track holdings at brokers we do not yet support.
Some of the time-saving features include:
- Single-click rebalance (for strategies that follow models)
- Compare different strategies in the account
- Add notes & opinions
- Quickly run realized transaction reports
- Download holdings information
- Get real-time performance of your portfolio or of each strategy in it
Simplify and automate orders with linked accounts
Make order entry simple, error-free, and stress-free. Connect your Accounts with your broker so that you can do everything directly from our site: choose stocks to buy and sell from a screen or strategy and place multiple orders with a single click.
Some of the time-saving features include:
- Automate scaling up or down your holdings
- Copy orders to different accounts
- Schedule orders in the future
- Calculate limit orders based on ATR
Available for Interactive Brokers and Tradier, with more to come.
Follow stock models designed by in-house and user experts
Follow a variety of stock and ETF models including:
- Models designed by our in-house experts (included with any Screener membership)
- Designer models created by our expert users (cost set by the designer)
- Models you've designed yourself
Get trading signals and track performance for each.
Or create your own model and offer it to subscribers!
Stock snapshots with all you need to know about a stock in one spot
Ten years of sales, earnings, and dividends; growth rates; price targets; risk factors; EPS estimates, actuals, and revisions; filing dates; fundamental ratios; technicals; ownership data; and much more, all at your fingertips.
- Bar charts of historical financial trends
- Plots of estimate revisions
- Quick links to fundamental and technical charts for dozens of items
With a Screener or Pro Plans membership you also can get all this data for any historical date!
Stock timelines show you your trading activity
Choose any ticker and the timeline will display all your activity, including transactions, notes, and opinions, as well as the latest news.
- See realized and unrealized returns, along with every transaction you've made
- Interactive charts allow you to focus on what prices you got and when
Fundamental charts display how ratios and data change over time
Charts for every ticker showing valuation, factor ranks, EPS revisions, historical comparisons, profitability, and so much more.
- Browse from dozens of ready-made fundamental charts
- Chart the data for the stock selected or the aggregated value at the sector, subsector, industry, or subindustry level
- Tag your favorite charts and scroll thru them to efficiently review a stock
We completely rethought the watchlist so that it's an invaluable tool to manage your portfolios and track your ideas.
- Quickly enter a list of stocks, track its overall performance, and compare it to a benchmark
- Annotate stocks with your current opinion
- Keep track of the performance since added—and the performance of deleted tickers
- Fully integrated with stock pages
- Data pages to compare key fundamentals
Compare and score stocks with easy-to-use tools
Easily compare fundamental and technical data from your account and watchlists.
- Use predefined scorecards to find the best stocks
- Compare up to 50 stocks (Screener)
- Create your own scorecards (Screener)
- Compare stocks from a screen or a strategy
- Do historical comparisons by incorporating past data (Screener)
Integrated earnings calendar
Quickly see which stocks in your accounts, watchlists or screens are announcing earnings, exactly when, and what the estimates are for each one.
- Track earnings and sales surprises
- Look weeks ahead or back
- See today's earnings for all stocks at once
- Be warned of forthcoming announcements
Wide variety of Industry and sector statistics
- Momentum, fundamentals, estimates, and correlations for every sector, subsector, industry, and subindustry, all sortable
- Color-coded charts to compare industry/sector momentum at a glance
Prebuilt and custom screening rules
In addition to our Wizard rules, you can write practically any screening rule you can think of using easy-to-remember and intuitive formulas and functions.
- Quickly see how many stocks pass each rule
- Use conditional language for exceptions to the rule
- Handle N/As smartly
- Get averages, medians, max and min over time or across groups of stocks
- Write rank-based rules based on a single metric or a complete ranking system
- Create screen reports from the hundreds of available factors
Create your own custom "universe" of stocks to choose from
Create a set of stocks from which to choose, setting your own liquidity limits and inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Choose from a wide range of starting universes to modify
- Create randomized universes for bootstrapping
- Convert a screen into a universe, or vice-versa
show you the realistic performance of your strategy in the past
Quickly get the backtest performance of your screened stocks portfolio, with your choice of transaction cost, number of holdings, and rebalance period.
- Download performance results
- No survivorship or look-ahead bias
- Include slippage for more realistic performance
- Flexible rebalancing rules allow you to keep stocks that haven't changed rank very much
Screening shorting and hedging
Run a long-short or short-only backtest, or backtest a hedged model.
Rolling screens allow you to eliminate the start date bias
Backtest a screen by running it every week or every four weeks with a holding period ranging from 1 week to 1 year, thus getting richer performance statistics than you could get with a simple single period backtest.
Predefined ranking systems designed by experts
Our analysts have created multi-factor ranking systems that cover practically every angle of stock selection.
- Rank stocks by value, quality, sentiment, growth, volatility, momentum, or all of these at once
- Use ranking systems based on those of famous investors
- Easily adapt these ranking systems to create your own (Pro Plans feature)
Custom ranking systems let you use your own factors
Create custom ranking systems using any of the hundreds of available factors and formulas.
- Using the universe you select, backtest the ranking system to see the bucketed (quantile) results
- Download stock ranks according to factors
- Reverse engineer a system
Our ranking systems offer unprecedented flexibility.
Strategy simulations with buy and sell rules
Simulations allow you to do so much more than a screen ever could.
- Run an ultra-realistic simulation of a strategy with transaction costs and portfolio management rules and get downloadable results
- Sell part of a position if it's overweight
- Hold a stock for a minimum period
- Sell a stock if its rank is too low
- Only buy a certain number of stocks per sector or industry
Results include a huge array of statistics and charts including the average return by sector and industry.
Variable position sizing
Rather than buying the same amount of every stock, vary your stock weights according to rank, liquidity, volatility, sector, or anything else you want.
Strategy hedging and shorting
Set up hedging rules that put part or all of your portfolio into ETFs or cash; run a simulation that goes short, with realistic margin requirements.
Use "Books" to combine different simulations and strategies
Combine several simulations/strategies with different weights and check their combined performance.
- Set rebalance rules to maintain desired weights for each strategy
- See the performance statistics for the combined book as well as the individual strategies and the correlation in returns between the strategies
Live strategies let you track performance in real time
Launch a trading system and follow it in real time; use it to manage your actual portfolio.
- Get recommendations every week or every month; easily accept them all or choose which stocks to buy/sell
- Compare your automated results with your real-time results
- Or keep track of strategies in real time before you put them into practice
Multi charts for macroeconomic data and chart combinations
Chart macroeconomic data and factors, stocks and ETFs, and more.
Create custom formulas for complex or frequently used factors
Create handy shortcut formulas that can be used in your screens, simulations, ranking systems, and series.
Create aggregate series to study how the stock market works
Create and chart a series based on macroeconomic data or universe characteristics.
- For example, create a chart of the percentage of stocks in the S&P 1500 that have paid dividends over the last twenty years
- Or a chart of the forward earnings yield of the Russell 2000
- Or the difference between interest expense as a percentage of debt and the 10-year treasury rate
- Or chart the ratio of the total market cap of all stocks in the noncyclical sector vs those in the cyclical sector
Macro charts allow you to backtest complex market timing measures
Create and combine a wide variety of charts to test your market timing ideas.
For example, you can assign weights to different signals and combine them to hedge positions.
Perfect your strategy's rules with the Optimizer
Define variations of your simulation's parameters which you would like to test and then run those combinations with a single click and see how the results compare.
Import your own factors using your own data
Import your own stock factors from outside data: for every ticker/CUSIP/CIK and date, you can assign a value that corresponds to, for example, executive compensation, certain retail metrics, or some metric from another data provider.
Import your own time series based on your own metrics
Import your own time series based on practically any metric, whether macroeconomic or event-driven. Once you save an imported series, you can chart it and then use the values with the GetSeries function.
Look up over 15,000 current stocks in the US, Canada, and Europe
Our coverage includes:
- Large caps, mid caps, small caps, microcaps, and nanocaps
- Delisted Stocks and stocks that have been acquired
- Spinoffs and mergers
- Secondary and nonprimary issues